Remodels, Special Events and Other Happenings
Several businesses in the Old Mill District have reopened after extensive remodels, while others have implemented new initiatives for sustainability and more. New events are coming up, including the much-anticipated Kid’s Halloween Party on October 31.
- Old Mill District Halloween Party is back on October 31 from 4 – 7 p.m. This annual bash is perfect for families with little creatures of all ages. Our stores will hand out treats, we will have apple cider samples, a pet costume contest, a reptile petting zoo and more.
- Salon Estilo has partnered with Green Circle Salons to be more sustainable. Green Circle collects, recycles and repurposes salon waste such as hair clippings, used foils, color-tubes, excess hair color and more. It helps divert these items from landfills and waterways with creative initiatives. For instance recycled hair, fur and wool clippings are stuffed into recycled nylon hosiery covered in mesh and made into booms for soaking up coastal oil spills. More at https://greencirclesalons.com/.
- Bath & Body Works has moved back into its original location after an extensive remodel. The changes follow a chain-wide retail refresh called “White Barn,” in which the store has dedicated space to its White Barn candle brand and its Bath & Body Works brand, which carries lotions and fragrances.
- Grafletics Sportswear is gearing up to launch its new line of Portland Trail Blazer gear to coincide with the 2019-20 NBA season. The store also now features an in-store TV for visitors to enjoy Blazer games and a kegerator for free beer samples.
- Avalon Salon has expanded into the space next door to its existing location. The Aveda lifestyle salon will now offer expanded nail and massage services, including the only manicure and pedicure offerings in the Old Mill District. The Aveda brand is world renowned for its pursuit of environmental sustainability from clean water, organic ingredients and protection of indigenous people to responsible manufacturing and packaging. The salon will continue to offer Aveda products and services for which it is best known.
- American Eagle has reopened after a 10-day closure. The store installed new maple wood floors and replaced existing entryway tile, installed new shelves and store fixtures and has expanded to increase capacity for carrying more product lines.