Are your kids antsy after the big holiday? Are you looking for some great activities to fill up their days before school starts up again next week? Well, you’re in luck. We have a fantastic lineup of children’s activities this week – something for all ages! Arts, books, crafts, science, music…whatever your kids might fancy in Bend, Oregon. View the complete list of activities here. Parents may drop off their kids and enjoy 45-50 minutes to walk the river trail, grab a coffee, make a return or, of course, enjoy the many after Christmas sales in the Old Mill District. A $5 donation per child for each event is encouraged.
- Solar system class lead by instructors of the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver. Kids 7-12 years old will learn about the planets and the characteristics that make each planet interesting and unique. The dates are Monday, December 30 and Thursday-Friday, January 2-3 at 4pm.
- Musical Petting Zoo with the Cascade School of Music allows kids to explore the world of musical instruments. Real instruments of all sizes and shapes will be available for children to try “hands on”- violins to drums to guitars to flutes. All ages welcome. The dates are Monday, December 30 and Thursday-Friday, January 2-3 from 2:30-4pm.
- Story Time with Deschutes County Library, December 30-31 and January 2-3 at 11am and 2:30pm each day. Children of all ages are welcome.
- Art Station art classes including 3-D Paper Dragons, Winter Pastel Collage, Cardboard Creatures, Cardboard Arcade, Pop-up Habitat, Pop-Up Fantasy World and Woven Paper Silhouettes. The dates of the art classes will be December 30-31 and January 2-3 from 10-11am each day.
- Complimentary hot cocoa and cider samples at Savory Spice Shop, across from SantaLand, from 10-11:30am and 3-4pm on December 30-31 and January 2-3.
Leave A Comment