Ideas for Every Mom in the Old Mill District
When it comes to celebrating mom, it’s not one size fits all. Every mom has different interests and passions, so it’s time to get creative to make sure she has the best Mother’s Day ever. Luckily, if you live in Bend, you don’t have to look far to find a great fit.
Here are some ideas to put a smile on mom’s face:
- Take a walk: The weather forecast is calling for fantastic weather this coming weekend, so an outdoor activity or two is definitely an option. Head on down to the trails at the Old Mill District and walk with mom around some of the most beautiful scenery in Bend. There are miles and miles of well-planned trails here that run on both sides of the river and connect with the area’s larger trail system.
- Dine in style: Brunch is a staple of Mother’s Day celebrations, and luckily the Old Mill District restaurants boast some of the best views in Central Oregon with the river running right in their backyards. Anthony’s is open on Sunday starting at 9am. Greg’s Grill opens on Sundays at 8 am for brunch. There are many options for dining!
- Buy a gift: As summer approaches, new accessories and clothing for the season are a great choice. Unique local and national retail shops abound at the Old Mill District, including jewelry shops featuring both fine and custom-made pieces.
- Hit the water: Since Sunday is supposed to be the warmest day of the season, getting on the water is also an option. Our main waterway in Bend, the Deschutes River, runs right through the Old Mill and you can rent equipment right on site at Tumalo Creek Kayak & Canoe: kayaks, paddleboards, canoes and more! If mom is really feeling adventurous, suit up and hit the Bend Whitewater Park for some in-river surfing.
- Spa day: There are many relaxing places in Bend to get a spa treatment, and Bend Day Spa is now open in the Old Mill. Services include massages, manicures, pedicures, facials and body treatments, including 30-minute on-the-go services for busy moms. The spa features Angelina Organic Skincare, a local, artisan-crafted line of natural, organic, effective skin care and anti-aging formulas.
- Let her pick: Still not quite sure? Give an Old Mill District gift certificate, sold in $25 and $10 increments, and she can go find their own idea of perfection at any one of the area’s retail stores, restaurants, galleries and the cinema. She can even use them for entertainment and adventure– such as concert tickets for Les Schwab Amphitheater events and more.
There’s no excuse! You can pamper mom this Mother’s Day with just the right activity, meal or gift, all in the heart of Central Oregon.