Ideas for Every Mom in the Old Mill District
When it comes to celebrating mom, it’s not one size fits all. Every mom has different interests and passions, so it’s time to get creative to make sure she has the best Mother’s Day ever. Luckily, if you live in Bend, you don’t have to look far to find a great fit.
Here are some ideas to put a smile on mom’s face:
- Take a walk or a ride: The forecast is calling for wonderful weather, so an outdoor activity or two is definitely an option. Head on down to the trails at the Old Mill District and walk and talk or ride a bike with mom around some of the most beautiful scenery in Bend. There are miles and miles of well-planned trails and colorful flowers blooming on both sides of the river.
- Dine in style: Brunch is a staple of Mother’s Day celebrations, and luckily the Old Mill District restaurants boast some of the best views in Central Oregon with the river running right in their backyards. Like Anthony’s, for example, check out their scrumptious Mother’s Day brunch menu HERE!
- Buy a gift: As summer approaches, new accessories and clothing for the season are a great choice. Unique local and national retail shops abound at the Old Mill District, including jewelry shops featuring both fine and custom-made pieces.
- Hit the water: Our main waterway in Bend, the Deschutes River, runs right through the Old Mill and you can rent equipment right on site at Tumalo Creek Kayak & Canoe: kayaks, paddleboards, canoes and more! If mom is really feeling adventurous, suit up and hit the Bend Whitewater Park for some in-river surfing.
- Let her pick: Still not quite sure? Give an Old Mill District gift card sold in any denomination ($10 minimum), and she can go find her own idea of perfection at any one of the area’s retail stores, restaurants, galleries and the cinema. She can even use them for entertainment and adventure– such as concert tickets for Hayden Homes Amphitheater events and more!
There’s no excuse! You can pamper mom this Mother’s Day with just the right activity, meal or gift, all in the heart of Central Oregon.