We’re about done with this smoke and we’re guessing you are, too.
Here’s a couple of suggestions on how to pass the next few days without breathing in that chimney-quality air.
- Grab a book, a magazine, a zine – whatever’s clever – and head down to Strictly Organic and relax. Great coffee, great people and phenomenal breakfast quesadillas. And they’re open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., every day.
- Get your movie madness on and take in an early matinee – or two – at Regal Cinemas. “Logan Lucky” kicks things off today at 12:25 p.m. For the kids, “Leap!” airs at 12:30 p.m. With 16 screens and an IMAX theater, you’re sure to find something.
- Prefer to kill time with a cocktail and some snacks? Us too. Make your way to Greg’s Grill and enjoy an all-day Happy Hour menu in the lounge. Thank us later after you’ve devoured a plate of prime rib sliders and deviled eggs infused with chorizo. Or just go all in and order a porterhouse off the regular menu.
- Swing by Va Piano Vineyards, talk wine and enjoy the beautiful remodel they’ve done with their space in the Old Mill. And yes, they open at noon if you’re looking for a real lunch break.
- Finally, go chat with the good folks at REI. Their annual Labor Day Sale is going on right now, and even better, they’ll be able to point you in the right direction for adventures that are beyond the smoke’s grasp.
Leave A Comment