April 18 @ 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Dear Bend Marathon Race Fans,
Thank you for being patient as we figure out our plans for next year. We sincerely hope that we will be in a position to hold a physical race on April 18th, but with many unknowns we’re hoping for the best and planning for…well, certainly different alternatives. We understand that ultimately local and Oregon health restrictions will determine our final race plans. Our pricing structure will reflect this reality and will be more flexible to accommodate those of you that would like different options and refunds should we need to cancel the race.
With that we are excited to announce our tentative plans for 2021!
1) We plan to have a fully functioning physical race that adheres to social distancing and other health guidelines for safety. This may include wave starts, masks when within 6 feet of others, and limited post race social functions. It will be a fantastic experience and full of Bend Marathon race excitement, even if modified from years past.
2) Based on the positive feedback received last year, we will also be offering the virtual experience option from the very beginning of registration, for those that prefer a virtual race at this time. The virtual race option is offered at 50% of the usual registration fee.
3) If deemed necessary/required for the health, safety and well being of those registered for the full in person race and for our community, we will go to a completely virtual option as we did last year, with no in person race. Participants would have a period of time to convert to the virtual race with the option of a 50% refund, or to cancel their registration with a refund*.
We will be opening registration on November 5th .
We hope you’ll join us on April 18th, 2021 for another fun filled Bend Marathon weekend!
Race Date, Time, and Place
- Sunday April 19, 2020
- Marathon starts at 7:00 am
- Half Marathon starts at 8:00am
- 10k starts at TBD
- 5k starts at TBD
Les Schwab Amphitheater
344 SW Shevlin Hixon Dr, Bend, OR 97702